Grand Theatre suspends its 2019/20 season
LONDON, ON, March 13, 2020 – As a precautionary measure in response to the spread of COVID-19, and to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, artists, staff, and volunteers, the Grand Theatre is suspending its productions, events and rentals to the end of the season effectively immediately:
- Room is closed effective immediately.
- Grow will not be presented this season.
- The 100 Schools Tour will have its final two school performances today (March 13) and will not tour after March Break. Additionally, Juno’s Reward will not be presented during March Break in the McManus.
- The April 2 Jeans ‘n Classics show will be cancelled
- City Symposium scheduled for March 31 will not take place at the Grand Theatre.
At this time, ticketholders for all Grand Theatre productions can contact our Box Office at 519.672.8800 with the following options:
- As a not-for-profit theatre, we ask for your support during this time of crisis and that you consider donating the value of your ticket(s) back to the theatre for a charitable donation receipt
- You may apply a credit to your account at the theatre
- You may request a refund for the value of your tickets that you purchased by subscription or by single ticket.
Ticketholders for other affected events will be contacted directly with updates about their scheduled performances as updates are available, and we ask for your patience as we work through affected events by date.
We ask for patience and cooperation as our team works to address all affected aspects of our programming. Higher than usual wait times should be anticipated when contacting our Box Office as they handle an enormous number of requests in the coming days – but we are confident that our fantastic team will have folks re-booked as quickly as possible.
We are devastated to say an early farewell to ROOM and the other brilliant artists affected with GROW, JUNO’S REWARD and Jeans ‘n Classics, but we feel a responsibility to do our part to protect the health and safety of our community.