The Grand Theatre Posts Operating Surplus for 2015/16;
17th Annual Surplus for the Theatre
LONDON, ON, Nov. 7, 2016 - At the 2015/16 Annual General Meeting held today, Deb Harvey, Executive Director, announced an operating surplus of $60,897 for the 2015/16 season. This marks the theatre’s 17th consecutive year with a surplus.
The AGM was attended by members of The Grand’s Board of Directors, volunteers, staff, and new Artistic Director, Dennis Garnhum.
The surplus of $60,897 from 2015/16 season increased the theatre’s accumulated surplus to $524,950.
2015/16 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS
- Last season, 88,936 people attended 208 performances that included six MainStage shows, two High School Projects, one MainStage presentation, and a variety of shows in the McManus Studio Theatre.
- Ticket sales contributed 61% of total earned revenue of $3.4M.
- The theatre provided employment for 224 people and contributed over $3.4M in salaries and benefits.
- Of goods and services purchased, the theatre spent $1.3M locally, making a significant contribution to the local economy.
- The Grand provided box office services for 46 local organizations while 25 local companies or individuals rented the facilities. The theatre also donated theatre tickets to over 400 local charitable organizations as prizes for their fundraising events representing over $65,000 in ticket value.
- 25,884 people attended A Christmas Story. The theatre’s holiday show has become a tradition for many London and area families.
- Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story wrapped up the season as 17,425 people from the London area enthusiastically came to see the production.
- The MainStage High School Project, Hello, Dolly!, drew an audience of 6,725.
- At the top of the season, The Grand hosted The Art & Science of Creativity, an engaging community event that drew over 500 people.
- The 42nd Annual Grand Gala was a huge success. Victor Garber was the special guest. With the theatre’s presenting sponsor Sterling Marking Products, the theatre’s ‘Make a Difference’ lead community partner Libro Credit Union, community sponsors and supporters, and a dedicated volunteer committee, a grand total of $182,658 was raised at the Gala.
“We are very proud to share this good news story with Londoners, and we are even more excited as we get ready to announce bold new directions for the future with Artistic Director Dennis Garnhum,” said Executive Director, Deb Harvey.
For a printed copy of the 2015/16 Annual Report, please contact Kate Rapson, email@example.com.
About The Grand Theatre
The Grand Theatre, a leading regional theatre, is located in the heart of Downtown London, Ontario. The Grand produces and presents professional performances on the MainStage and in the McManus Studio Theatre. It is also a teaching theatre with apprenticeship programs and a leader in youth mentorship with The High School Project, the only project of its kind in North America. The Grand season runs from September to May. The 2016/17 season is on sale now.