HIGH SCHOOL PROJECT
AUDITIONS & INTERVIEWS NOTICE
In partnership with Sheridan College Musical Theatre Program
By Tim Rice
Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Directed and Choreographed by Jan Alexandra Smith
Musical Direction by Andrew Petrasiunas
Evita is based on the true story of María Eva Duarte de Perón, a poor Argentinian girl who grew up to be the wife of the president and worshipped by her people. As First Lady of Argentina, she aligns herself with the poor, winning herself – and Perón – unprecedented popularity. This blockbuster musical from the writer of Phantom of the Opera, Cats, and Jesus Christ Superstar was made even more famous as a 1996 Hollywood film starring Madonna and Antonio Banderas.
The Grand Theatre invites all students who will be in Grades 9-12 in the 2017-2018 school year from London and area to book an audition or backstage interview for EVITA by contacting Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-672-9030 ext. 280
Onstage Auditions April 23 – 27, 2017
Students interested in roles in the cast will be asked for a monologue and two Broadway songs.
Backstage Interviews May 1-4, 2017Students interested in stage management, photography, wardrobe, props, scenic art and sound will be asked for a resume and example of past work.
Orchestra auditions TBA June, 2017
Students interested in playing in the orchestra will be asked to play a selection from the show (provided) and a song of their choice.
Stage Management, Photographer to begin Monday July 24; Rehearsals to begin Sunday July 30; Wardrobe to begin Tuesday August 1; Props to begin Tuesday August 8; Scenic Art to begin Monday August 14; Sound to begin Sunday September 10.
Performances September 19 to 30, 2017 | SPRIET STAGE
Please Note: Students who accept an offer to be in Evita should be aware that they could be required to miss approximately 3 mornings +7 afternoons from school in September.
Title Sponsor Western Fair District
Make a Difference Community Pillar Partner Libro Credit Union
Program Sponsors Thames Valley District School Board & London District Catholic School Board
- Auditions and Interviews will be held at the Grand theatre.
- Please arrive 10-15 before your scheduled time via the Stage Door (off Dufferin Ave).
- There will be someone to greet you and you will have your photograph taken and asked to complete an ‘About Me and Availibility’ form before your audition/interview.
- The audition/interview itself will be about 10-15 minutes.
What to prepare:
Onstage Auditions April 23-27
Students auditioning are asked to MEMORIZE and be prepared to present:
- A monologue - at least 90 seconds up to 3 minutes
- 2 contrasting Broadway songs (a verse and chorus of each) *please provide the piano sheet music, one sided with any cuts clearly marked
- A song of your choice that you feels shows you and your voice to advantage
- A contrasting piece (either in style, tempo or era).
Please note: you may only be asked to sing one song
Orchestra Auditions will be held in June
Students auditioning for the orchestra are asked to prepare and present:
- 1 piece of your choice that demonstrates your highest level of technical skill – 90 seconds to 2 minutes in length
- An excerpt from the show (provided before the audition).
*please bring your instrument (unless you are auditioning for keyboardist).
Backstage Interviews will be held after school May 1 – 4, 2017
For positions in stage management, properties, wardrobe, scenic art, sound, and photography
Students interviewing are asked to bring:
- Something that you have made to exemplify your creativity and craftsmanship (sketchbook, paintings, sewing, woodworking, sculpture, photography etc).